POST TITLE: Estates Grounds/Technician
(Four-day week Monday to Thursday and 7 hours per day All Year Round)
POST GRADE: Support Scale 3
POST TITLE: RESPONSIBLE TO: Premises & Estates Manager
1. THE POST
Reporting to the Premises and Estates Manager and as part of the Premises Estates team, this postholder will provide support for a number of key functions and tasks associated to this area of activity. The key and fundamental duty of the postholder will be to undertake the wider responsibility of supporting the Premises Estates team to ensure College grounds are well maintained to a reasonable standard as agreed by with the Premises & Estates Manager.
2. Key Accountabilities:
i. Emptying waste bins on the College grounds (daily)
ii. Litter picking as required
iii. Path clearance of litter, leaves and debris as required
iv. Path and access clearance of snow or icy conditions as required
v. Gardening duties like lawn mowing or cutting back tree or plant parts etc.
vi. To work at all times with due regard to the College’s Health & Safety, safeguarding, GDPR and other associated policies and practices
vii. To work with the wider Premises Estates team to clear the list of outstanding general maintenance tasks, based on a predetermined priority task schedule and within agreed timeframes.
viii. To remain flexible to the needs of the College, including providing cover for staff absences
ix. To work at all times with due regard to the College’s Health & Safety, safeguarding, GDPR and other associated policies and practices
x. When required to help Performing Arts with pre-show requirements like structure and prob building etc.
Premises & Estates work.
· Carrying out minor repairs to furniture and equipment.
· Carrying out or assisting with the redecoration of internal and external areas as required.
· Carrying out small building works e.g. erecting shelves, tiling, filing cracks etc.
· Carry out gutter and pipe repairs or cleaning.
· Assisting with the refurbishment of classrooms and offices.
· Other general tasks; checking and replacing light bulbs and fluorescent tubes, replenishing soap, toilet paper and roller towels as required.
· Outdoor tasks; leaves clearing, gritting footpaths, litter removal, general garden maintenance etc.
· Clearing ice or snow and gritting footpaths.
· Small maintenance tasks including such examples as: basic electrical, unblocking drains/toilets, decorating, carpentry, window cleaning and fixing etc.
· Room setting up, to include moving tables, chairs and screens etc. for classroom teaching, meetings, external events etc.
General and Other Duties
· To support the Premises & Estates Manager to carry out all of the wider duties of this division as delegated by him/her.
· To receive goods into the College and support any delivery of it to other departments, including other sites.
· To undertake building/site opening & closing procedures if necessary to cover for holidays/other absences of other colleagues and where necessary act as contact point for out of hours emergencies.
· Assist in any health & safety matters e.g. fire drills, evacuation procedures, critical incidences etc.
· Supporting College events e.g. open days, private lettings, meetings etc.
· To undertake training appropriate to the needs of this role and considered essential by the line manager or a member of the SLT.
· To undertake to transport goods and people using College Vehicles
· To undertake any other duties as directed and agreed with the Principal and/or his/her Senior Leadership Team and bring to the attention of the SLT any matters of concern or importance.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Permanent, Part Time, All Year Round.
Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 7 Hours a day. 0.756757 FTE
Salary: From £19,797.00 per annum
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.