£18,312 - £19,920 per annum (pro-rata if part-time)
Under the guidance of the Equine Centre Manager we are looking for one full-time technician to join the Equine team at our College and BHS approved livery yard. The primary role is to supervise students and facilitate their learning experience of a real working environment. This will involve supervising them in their practical skills development and allocating jobs to develop and maintain high standards in the care, husbandry, and training of our horses. The post holder will provide practical support, and supervision to students in practical subjects both on an individual and group basis, ensuring provision is learner focused, and that the learners’ experience is both positive and rewarding.
Outside of these sessions you will be working alongside the Equine team to provide high quality care to the college horses ensuring that the horses at the Equine Centre are kept in accordance with the BHS standard. The post holder will also be responsible for aspects of administration, organisation, and the carrying out of day-to-day operation and activities associated with the Equine Centre as required by the Equine Centre Manager.
This full-time role entails working a five out of seven-day rota to include one weekend day. The hours are spread over four days working 8.00am to 4.30pm and one late duty of 12 noon until 8pm.
On-site accommodation in a shared house may be available at subsidised rent.
Closing Date: 27 March 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 22 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas. (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free Library membership
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications and training towards BHS assessments
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.