Salary: £25 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Brixham College
Closing Date: 11th December 2022
We are excited to be able to offer an English Tutor vacancy for a high quality tutor to join our forward thinking team at Brixham College. Holding QTS and a degree in a relevant subject would be advantageous but not essential.
The successful candidate will provide additional tutoring to our students on a 1:1 or small group basis to help cover any areas identified by the class teacher for development. You’ll create a bespoke learning plan for students based on feedback from teachers and SLT of the student’s school. This will vary in length depending on the students need and you will create engaging sessions thought the duration of the booking.
Your new role:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
- Have a minimum of 2 years teaching/ tutoring experience
- Be committed to contributing to our fully inclusive school, being proactive in adjusting support for pupils
- You will schedule tuition appointments via a student’s teacher or guardian
- Deliver professional tuition sessions both in person and via video calls (MS Teams)
- Plan individual tutoring sessions for your students to match their areas identified for improvement
- Develop teaching or training materials, such as handouts and resources
- Identify areas for improvement by creating bespoke learning plans based on a students' development needs
- Make sure students are prepared to an exam standard, assess any barriers to students' study progress
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum and qualification frameworks and use relevant and up to date tutoring methods and techniques
- Keep learner records, produce progress reports and make sure all relevant stakeholders are updated accordingly
Brixham College is a successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school located in Torbay. The College is committed to serving our local community, championing inclusion, and seeking innovative ways to engage students and their families. To find out more about our school click here.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth. We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role in more detail please contact recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found. We strongly encourage anyone who may be interested in working at our school to contact Mary Currie (MCurrie @ brixhamcollege.co.uk ) to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk
Brixham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.