Responsible to: Head of English
Pay scale: ILPS
Work pattern: Full Time or Part Time
Required for: September 2022
Deadline to apply: Midday, Wednesday 25 May 2022
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
Thank you for your enquiry about the post of Teacher of English at The Elmgreen School. The purpose of this role is to provide high quality teaching and learning, achievement and engagement of students in line with our vision and ethos.
- to help develop and implement policies and practices for English which reflect the school’s commitment to high achievement and effective teaching and learning
- to support the Head of English in the development of appropriate syllabi, assessment, teaching and learning strategies and resources
- to support in monitoring the progress made towards achieving targets for English
The Elmgreen School became part of the Dunraven Educational Trust in September 2021, and together we are focused on developing an exciting, dynamic and progressive community, focused on improving the outcomes for children and their families.
Dunraven Educational Trust Overview
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment,
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.