“Come questioning, go seeking, grow”
The Henley College is seeking an enthusiastic technician to join our growing engineering team. The post holder should be familiar with the day to day needs of a manufacturing workshop, a basic understanding of electronics would be advantageous. The college currently runs, BTEC Level 2 and Level 3 engineering courses to full time students, both these courses have seen a significant increase in students over the past few years. We are also looking to expand our provision within the next few years.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Working with students and staff within the Henley college engineering department supporting in the manufacturing workshop and electronics labs
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment including: Inducting students in the safe use of the space and equipment, keeping risk assessments and safe systems of work up to date
- Supporting and assisting teaching staff during manufacturing workshop sessions
- Maintaining and repairing workshop machines and electronic devices including 3d printers
- Practical knowledge of operating and maintaining lathes, milling machines, and general workshop equipment
- Managing stock levels of consumables within mechanical and electronic disciplines
- To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic and Operational Plan.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during college processes, for example Appraisal.
- To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy.
- To read and apply the College Safeguarding procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
- To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post.
Essential Skills and Characteristics
- Apprentice trained (preferably to level 3)
- Commitment to active and student-centred learning
- Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to communicate effectively with students and staff
- Well-developed organisational skills
- To display the highest standard of student support
- To work collaboratively with a committed team of teachers and support staff
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Permanent, Term Time Only, 38 weeks a year
Hours of work: TBC, 5 Days a week
Salary: up to £20,988.00 per annum, pro-rated to Part Time, term time only
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme. This is an employee and employer contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.