Full time, permanent position
Grade 7, point 39 - 44 £45,611 - £51,347 pa (FTE)
Start Date – 4th September 2023 (or sooner)
Are you passionate about promoting the achievement and wellbeing of children and young people, especially those with Special Educational Needs and/or other barriers to their learning and development?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Educational Psychologist to make a real difference to the education of children and young people and support the development of learner attainment and wellbeing across our trust.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
• Experience delivering a full range of generic psychological services to Wessex schools and early year’s settings covering; consultation, assessment, intervention, research, and training functions.
• An Educational Psychology qualification (e.g. Doctorate or Masters)
• A proven track record of supporting and guiding parents/carers to understand and meet the needs of their children/ young people to promote their achievement and well-being.
• Experience of delivering a targeted and specialist psychological service of consultation, assessment advice, planning, therapy to a range of clients including head teachers, teachers, parents/carers, young people and other practitioners.
• Collaborative leadership with an ability to build effective partnerships with parents/careers, leaders, teachers and other stake holders.
• Skilled policy and procedure design and implementation, based on evidence.
• Experience monitoring the effectiveness of interventions.
The Wessex Learning Trust is a multi-academy trust which is proud to deliver innovative education to all young people, through collaboration. This is an exciting time to join the Trust as we grow.
We can offer:
• Professional induction, training and continued professional development opportunities.
• Staff benefits including reduced leisure centre membership and cycle to work scheme.
• A staff assistance programme with specialist provider, Carefirst who provide a 24/7 free phone helpline, or face-to-face counselling for every employee in the Wessex family.
• Exciting opportunities as part of a growing multi-academy Trust
Closing date: Thursday 27 April 2023 at 8am
Interview date: Thursday 4 May 2023
To apply for this position, please complete a Support Staff application form, (available on our website), together with a letter of application for the attention of Mr Ian Squire (Trust SEND Lead), detailing your experience and impact to date and why you are the best candidate for the position. Completed applications should be returned by email to HR.
If you wish to visit the Central Office or discuss the role informally prior to making an application, please contact the HR team.