Are you an Early Years Level 2 or 3 qualified professional, looking to apply your experience to a new setting? Jigsaw School’s provision is growing and we are seeking qualified staff to support our pupils with autism aged 4-6. Working in an Ofsted graded ‘Outstanding’ school, you will have the opportunity to impact our pupils’ lives from the moment they are welcomed through our school doors, ensuring the best start to their education.
In this varied role you will work 1:1 and in small groups within our supportive staff team. You will have access to excellent facilities including sensory rooms, soft play areas and several playgrounds, which support our creative and holistic approach to teaching and learning. Each day is different and brings opportunities for both our pupils and staff to learn and develop.
Salary: £18,626 per annum, regular salary progression based on completion of training and a £1,000 joining bonus
Contract terms: 34.75 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30 pm (Tuesday to 5.30pm for staff meetings and training)
Holiday: 9 weeks paid school holidays
What will I be doing?
- Providing teaching and support exclusively to Year R & 1 pupils, following individualised curriculums
- Planning, preparing and delivering activities, focusing largely on learning through play
- Supporting pupils’ participation in trips such as swimming
- Providing behaviourally based support to reduce behaviours that impact quality of life
- Providing personal care, encouraging pupils to become independent
- Monitoring pupil progress, ensuring learning is appropriate and effective for each pupil’s individual needs
- Assisting with breaktime duties including playground support and snack time
What we can offer you
- £1,000 bonus upon joining
- Regular salary progression with opportunities to increase as soon as 6 months from joining
- Career advancement opportunities to senior roles including Lead Teacher and Class Supervisor
- Additional opportunities to broaden your skills including Mental Health First Aider, School or Staff Council Representative and Pupil Behaviour Support
- Opportunity to work alongside our in-house team of Occupational and Speech & Language Therapists
- Staff wellbeing and support facilities
- Enrolment into our pension scheme
- Term time only working
- Regular training in Safeguarding, Emergency Medication, Behaviour Management, Personal Care, Autism, First Aid and more
- Access to a wide range of Education & Childcare courses including RQF CACHE Level 2, 3 & 4
What do you need?
- A recognised Level 2 or 3 Early Years qualification
- Professional, personal or voluntary experience of working with children and disabilities
- Minimum Grade C/4 GCSE in English Language & Maths or equivalent
- To be comfortable working with children who exhibit behaviour that challenges
- To be comfortable supporting others with personal/intimate care where required
- The ability to keep calm in high pressure situations
- A drivers licence or appropriate arrangements for travelling to work (due to remote location)
Does this rewarding role sound like a fit for you? Please click apply to visit our website to access an application form.
Jigsaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check (the cost of which will be paid by Jigsaw), teaching prohibited checks (if applicable), ID check, satisfactory references and proof of qualifications.