Early Years Practitioner - Level 3
The Den at Wellington Lions Primary Academy
Salary: Grade C, £18,516 - £19,264 (DOE) FTE
Actual Salary: £7,486.33 - £7,784.28 (DOE) pro rata
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30am - 3.15pm, Term Time Only
We are looking for a motivated and committed individual who has a positive and proactive approach to work, to join our friendly team here at The Den at Wellington Lions Primary Academy.
The successful candidate will have current or previous experience in a similar role and be able to use their initiative to work independently, as well as part of the wider team to ensure:
- You are maintaining children’s profiles, registers and other paperwork within the nursery.
- Working closely with parents and/or carers as partners to build good relationships / offer support where needed.
- Providing a safe, stimulating and educational environment for the children to learn, play and develop their milestones.
- Completing observations on allocated key children and use those observations to complete reports.
- Be a ‘key worker’ for responsibility for your children’s care, welfare, learning and always ensuring close supervision of all children.
To be successful for this role, you must:
- Childcare qualification at Level 2 or above.
- Experience of working with children ages 0-5.
- Have experience working with and implementing the EYFS statutory framework.
Why choose us?
The Wellington Lions Primary Academy is an ambitious, growing, and inclusive 4-11 primary school, with a Nursery for 2-4 year olds. We are based on the edge of the beautiful Salisbury Plain, along with The Wellington Eagles Primary Academy, based in Ludgershall and this gives scope for a variety of professional development opportunities for our staff across the two schools. Both schools are proud members of the Ascend Learning Trust.
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Closing date: Monday 12 December 2022.
Interview date: Wednesday 14.December 2022.
Start Date: 3 January 2023.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual-orientation or religion.
Please note any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment, any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.