We are looking to appoint a Digital Learning Lead, with responsibility for leading all teaching staff, across the School in the implementation and use of technology in learning. This critically important role will provide the link between teaching staff and Senior Leadership in all matters relating to digital learning, while working across faculties and key stages to bring about whole school change.
In addition to the responsibilities held by this role, the successful candidate will lead the Computing and IT provision across school as part of the STEAM faculty. The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher of Computer Science: articulate, inspiring, confident, stable and supportive with effective and innovative people management skills. The post holder will have a reduced timetable of 32 hours a fortnight to accommodate these responsibilities.
This is an exciting new post for the school and is part of our new digital strategy for the school which is now a key part of our school improvement plan. This area of our strategy will continue to be a focus for the School over the coming years.
A commitment to the wider education of pupils through extra-curricular activities is an expectation. The successful candidate will enjoy contributing to an excellent working environment for pupils and staff.
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic, friendly and enthusiastic team, committed and proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements.
Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
● excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements.
● excellent defined benefit pension schemes (Teachers’ pension scheme).
● access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions.
● ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library.
● at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals.
● comprehensive induction process.
● competitive salaries which are reviewed annually.
● family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives.
● savings on purchases via smart hive employee benefits platform.
● reduced price access to gyms and health sessions.
● access to staff sports.
● option to participate in the cycle to work scheme.
● on site free car parking (when available).
● access to discounted dental and health care schemes, plus free eye tests and free annual flu jab.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date 23rd September 2022
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK