Design and Technology Technician (Health & Safety Co-ordinator)
The rate of pay will be NJC Grade 4
The post holder will be employed at a Grade 4, £21,575per annum
21hpw, Term Time plus Inset (£10,586.59 pa annum actual salary)
Required to start as soon as possible, the Governors of Cardinal Griffin Catholic College Cardinal Griffin Catholic College are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced DT Technician to support the Design Technology Department.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be competent in the use of Design Technology related equipment;
- Be able to support Faculty members in the delivery of activities through preparation of materials;
- Be aware of necessary health and safety requirements and proactively support the development of health and safety within the department and completion of Risk Assessments;
- Be willing to undertake tasks as required to support the delivery of food technology as well as traditional resistant materials courses;
- Be a good team worker, solutions focused, positive and embracing of change;
- Be fully supportive of the Catholic Ethos and Jesuit Identity of the College.
The College encourages applications from those of the Catholic faith, but it is not a barrier to appointment if candidates do not have that faith background provided they support the ethos of the College. We are extremely proud of our ethos which comes in very large part from our Jesuit Associate School membership and Catholic Diocesan heritage. This teaches us to be grateful for the skills and abilities that we have and to be generous in using them for the good of our pupils.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 27th February 2023 at 9am.
The College reserves the right to close this post prior to the published deadline should it receive sufficient applications to pull together a good field of candidates. We therefore encourage candidates to submit early applications.
We do not accept applications via CV’s or from recruitment agencies.
We welcome further discussions about the post and these can be conducted using a variety of online platforms or by telephone. Please contact us to discuss this if it will be helpful to you.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings cautions and convictions in your application form. Applicants will be subject to an online search if shortlisted. Where the role involves engaging in regulated activity relevant to children, candidates should note that it is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
See the link for our safeguarding policy: https://www.cardinalgriffin.org.uk/Parents/Safeguarding-In-Our-College/