Required from September 2023, a highly skilled and talented Deputy Faculty Leader (specialising in Business at Key Stage 4 and 5) to support the management team within our Social Sciences Faculty which encompasses Business, Sociology, Psychology, Health and Social Care and Child Development. The faculty also offers a Foundation programme of Business Administration and ITQ and the EPQ programme. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Business is a prominent and popular subject within the school, with a good track record for success. The post holder will have the ability to teach across all ability ranges. An ability to teach Business A Level and BTEC Business at KS5 and GCSE Business and L2 Vocational Award in Retail Business at KS4 is essential.
You will be:
● A well-qualified, highly motivated and engaging teacher of Business and able to deliver engaging lessons and secure strong outcomes across the age and ability range at Key Stages 4 and 5.
● A dynamic leader, who can inspire the team to further raise the standards of our students
● A creative and innovative team player; willing to contribute to the development of student learning and their progress within a committed and forward looking faculty.
● Committed to continuous professional development leading to excellent subject knowledge and teaching outcomes.
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
● The opportunity to join this high attaining, successful and hugely oversubscribed school
● A committed and enthusiastic staff group
● A well-resourced faculty with a strong academic tradition and reputation
● Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
Cotham School is a great place to work. We’re a fantastic friendly team, proud of what we achieve and looking forward to welcoming new people to share in our achievements. Join us and you’ll receive a wide range of employee benefits including:
● excellent work life balance with term time working arrangements
● excellent defined benefit pension schemes (Teachers’ pension scheme)
● access to employee assistance programme and counselling sessions
● ongoing learning and development opportunities and access to the school CPD library
● at least 5 inset (training) days per annum with the provision of free onsite drinks and meals
● comprehensive induction process
● competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
● family friendly policies and wellbeing support initiatives
● access to online gyms and health sessions
● access to staff sports
● option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
● on site free car parking (when available)
● access to free annual flu jab
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As a diverse school community, we particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented groups with regards to ethnicity, gender, age and disability.
Please visit our website for further details and application pack:
Closing date: Monday 20th February 2023 at 9 am
Interviews are likely to be held on: Monday 27th February 2023
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. The amendments to the ROA 1974 (Exceptions Order 1975, (amended 2013 and 2020)) provide that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account .
Cotham School’s child protection policy and practices and policy on employment of ex-offenders in the application pack can be found on the School website.