Curriculum Leader (English)
We are a unique Pupil Referral Unit with ‘outstanding’ status. We aim to make a difference to the education and life chances of vulnerable young people in the London Borough of Sutton.
Are you an inspiring leader and teacher who can engage and build relationships with challenging students? Do you want to be able to shape an exciting English curriculum to inspire and re-engage reluctant students?
We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational teacher to lead the teaching and learning provision within a successful English Department, with the ability to deliver outstanding lessons to our Key Stage 3 and 4 students up to GCSE level. Your primary focus will be achievement and raising attainment in English.
You will have:
• Qualified teacher status;
• Proven record of classroom management;
• Experience of working with secondary aged children with emotional and behavioural needs;
• A passion for teaching and making links with other areas of the curriculum.
• An organisation with a clear moral purpose to change young people’s lives;
• Class sizes of a maximum of 6 students in KS3 and 8 students in KS4;
• Strong community spirit;
• Staff who are supportive towards each other;
• Excellent Teaching Assistants and pastoral support;
• A curriculum where personalised learning is at the heart;
• Free access to our employee assistance scheme;
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management;
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and a growing Trust.
The Alternative Learning Trust became a multi-academy trust (MAT company number 11788031) in June 2019. There are now three schools within the Trust, The Limes College, North West Kent Alternative Provision Service (NWKAPS) and Will Adams Academy. The Department for Education would like Alternative Learning Trust to consider other alternative providers.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date, subject to a high response from candidates; therefore, do not hesitate in submitting your application.
The Alternative Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: Friday, 21 October 2022 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday, 31 October 2022
Alternative Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.