Background to the Post
The Administrator will provide excellent administrative support to the directorate. The role is busy and demands very high standards in terms of the service provided to our customers, a proactive approach and a desire to deliver excellence.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Moreton Morrell College
Our Moreton Morrell campus offers a centre dedicated to veterinary nursing, as well as a large animal welfare centre. There is also a Construction facility with an open workshop area for brickwork, carpentry and multi-skilling. The working farm on site attracts members of the public to our lambing event that takes place every year.
Intercampus transport is provided with good links to and from Royal Leamington Spa College
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics, or Level 2 equivalent qualification.
- Working knowledge of information technology such as e-mail, the internet and other software applications.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Previous experience of using and maintaining a database.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrates an understanding of working within a confidential environment.
- Experience of working within a busy office environment, including successfully managing a full workload and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering excellent administrative support and organisational skills.
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail.
- Evidence of a drive to improve process, work proactively and support departmental efficiency.
- Evidence of excellent customer service skills with both a professional telephone manner and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven success of working collaboratively and successfully with members of a team and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Demonstrable experience of the ability to successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College.
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.