WHO WE ARE
Pimlico Primary and Churchill Gardens Primary Academy are state-funded primary schools based in the heart of Westminster in central London. We are part of Future Academies, a multi-academy trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London. Our children study a bespoke curriculum developed by writers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today. We subject-specialise at primary level, meaning that our primary children are taught by several different subject experts, as they would be in the private sector.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a bright, passionate and socially-minded individual to join our team to teach EYFS, KS1 and KS2 to support our Covid catch up programme. This is an exciting role working across two of our three primary schools - Pimlico Primary and Churchill Gardens Primary Academy
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Support each school, its teachers and its pupils with its Covid catch up programme in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils (including children with SEND, children who speak English as an additional language and all underachieving groups), principally through:
- individual and small group tuition
- in-class support to help children access our curriculum and ensure accelerated academic progress in a way that promotes and supports inclusion of all pupils, including those with specific needs, both in learning activities and within the classroom
- supervising lessons to whole classes in KS1 and KS2
- Use behaviour management strategies, in line with the school’s policy and procedures, to contribute to a purposeful learning environment and to encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others
- With other teachers, evaluate and track pupils’ progress through a range of assessment activities
- Work with external professionals and agencies (these may include social workers, health visitors, language support staff, speech therapists and educational therapists) where necessary, in order to support teachers and pupils
- Understand and implement school child protection procedures and comply with legal responsibilities
WHY CHOOSE US?
• The opportunity to teach engaged and inquisitive pupils in our unique primary schools.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s lives. Our schools serve children from socially deprived communities: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the Covid Catch Up Teacher position, please click on "Apply Now".
We look forward to receiving your application.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Future Academies reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date, therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Pimlico Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.