Contract: Term time only (41 weeks per year), 37 hours per week
Starting as soon as possible (subject to clearances)
Catch22 is a social business, a not for profit business with a social mission. For over 200 years we have designed and delivered services that build resilience and aspiration in people and communities. Our 1600 colleagues work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting 44,000 individuals from cradle to career. Today we deliver alternative education, apprenticeships and employability programmes, justice and rehabilitation services (in prisons and in the community), gangs intervention work, emotional wellbeing and substance misuse, and children’s social care programmes.
Catch22 include is an alternative education provider for young people, over 700 vulnerable young people with challenging behaviours are supported through independent alternative education schools or via a range of tailored support programmes delivered in school or off-site. Include schools provide an alternative to mainstream schooling, whereby multiple barriers to learning have previously affected engagement and access to education
Join us as within our Primary school as a Cover Supervisor and you could be playing a key role in providing an invaluable programme of education for vulnerable students who present challenging behaviours.
Catch22 Include schools provide an alternative to mainstream schooling for young people aged 5 to 11 years old where multiple barriers to learning have previously affected engagement and access to education.
We are looking for a Cover Supervisor for our Ipswich Primary School to provide Education for pupils aged 5 to 11 years old. To cover lessons in the absence of the teacher. In addition, to work collaboratively alongside other classroom practitioners to maximize pupil progress for learners aged 5-11 and develop professional practice. To undertake other tasks to help the smooth running of the school such as oversee students on Directed Study, help manage the Inclusion Room etc.
To be part of a team to manage behaviour and the complex needs of students.
You will be part of a small but effective team where communication and professionalism is paramount. The work, whilst challenging, is extremely rewarding. Primarily you will be required to teach, produce schemes of work and lesson plans. Building rapport with students/families/carers is key to this role and you will need to liaise with a variety of agencies to problem-solve student issues and barriers to learning.
As a Cover Supervisor in our school, your main accountabilities will include:
Teaching and learning:
- Create an inspirational learning environment with high expectations of learner achievement, success and progression, respecting individual differences in culture and background and reflecting this in the environment of the classroom.
- Deliver lessons/learning activities to individuals and groups of learners as required by the curriculum/timetable that:
- Are informed by relevant and up to date subject, curriculum and pedagogical knowledge.
- Reflect the wide range of needs of students within your classroom.
- Use a range of teaching and learning strategies and resources in line with the school’s teaching and learning policy adapted to learners’ individual needs.
- Explain the task and activities clearly to the learners, having regard to any health and safety issues that may arise (for example with the use of equipment). Provide further explanations as needed and clarify instructions and ideas as appropriate.
- Implement and maintain systems for monitoring and evaluating learning activities to ensure they are effective and worthwhile and best practice is maintained.
- Support and guide learners so that they can reflect on their learning, identify the progress they have made and set positive targets for improvement.
- Maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of student’s progress using targets, tracking and other school systems.
- Provide management information and other statistical data as required.
- Maintain good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their wellbeing. Set high expectations for behaviour and be responsible for behaviour management within your classroom and aiding in behavioural management across the school.
- Build effective and supporting relationships with students and families/carers; embed that trust and support within the education process. Liaise with outside agencies as appropriate.
Please ensure that you read the attached job description and person specification for full details on the role.
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Catch22 Independent school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.