Cover & Work Experience Administrator
Salary: Pay Group 4 £23,817 - £28,723 FTE - Pro rata to £21,202 - £25,570 for hours and weeks stated.
Hours per week: 37.5 hours (0715-1515 with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break), term time only + 5 INSET days
Start date: ASAP
Contract: full time, permanent
Closing Date: 16/10/2022
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Cover & Work Experience Administrator to join Plympton Academy to organise daily cover arrangements for both teaching and support staff liaising with supply agencies and directing the day to day work of the team of cover supervisors. This is a rewarding job and you will work closely with staff and students and make a noticeable difference to their life chances.
You will be the line manager of the Academy team of cover supervisors. You will also provide support for the CIAG lead to support the delivery of the Work Experience Strategy across the Academy to enrich our students’ education.
If you are interested in this rewarding job please see more details below or contact us directly for an informal conversation.
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme.
We work collaboratively with the best schools locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. As a result, we are incredibly proud of our students and staff who love the challenge of learning, are equipped to achieve their dreams and take pride in their success.
What you will need to succeed:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
- It is essential that you possess good communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, including use of social media
- Confident in managing and delegating tasks
- Ability to input and maintain student data
- SIMS system knowledge would be advantageous, but training will be provided
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact Tracey Overton at the school to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Plympton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.