Cleaners x 2
Part Time - 12.5 hours
Monday - Friday, 2.5 hours per day
Term time only plus 10 days
TPLTSS 1 (£6,090 - £6,145 gross, pro rata, per annum)
Part Time - 20 hours
Monday - Friday. 3pm - 7pm
Term time only plus 10 days
TPLTSS 1 (£9,744 - £9,832 gross, pro rata, per annum)
The Priory Learning Trust is looking to recruit two Cleaners to work at our Worle Community School – An Academy. This is a very exciting opportunity for individuals who would relish the chance to join us.
What you will do:
- Carry out cleaning and maintenance tasks as set out in the school’s work schedules to the standards determined by the line manager and co-operate with any reasonable request for changes to daily work routines, to assist the smooth cleaning operations at the school.
- Use all cleaning materials and equipment in a safe and proper manner, following all guidelines and specifications carefully, reporting any breakdowns in equipment promptly.
- Maintain effectiveness as a member of the school staff by taking responsibility for own continuing learning and development in respect of cleaning and maintenance responsibilities. Attendance will be required at any training courses provided by the school.
The successful candidates will have:
- No formal qualifications required but some previous cleaning experience desirable.
- Training in basic cleaning methods.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
About The Priory Learning Trust:
TPLT grew from an intent to bring the power of partnership and sharing to bear and provide a first-class education to a wide range of children, from all backgrounds.
At our heart is a passion to put ‘Students First’ and deliver exceptional education; beyond outstanding for every single child. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence, shared moral purpose and values combined with lots of fun and happiness. We believe that happy schools are also high-achieving, successful schools.
We strive for partnerships between students, families, staff and the wider community to create exceptional student outcomes. We also ‘cherish’ our staff. We believe they are amazing and are passionate to empower them through support, training, and career opportunities. With such brilliant people all aiming for the same goals, we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of their background.
TPLT is also a successful Training School Alliance. This has been a great foundation on which to build for excellence. We know that this key focus on staff development will deliver exciting and effective learning to our children and young people.
Nathan Jenkins, CEO
For further information on the benefits of working with The Priory Learning Trust, please see the relevant page on our Careers Hub.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
The Priory Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All paid positions which involve working regularly within academies are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. You must declare all convictions (including convictions with Absolute Discharge), cautions or bind-overs you may have, even if they would otherwise be regarded as ‘Spent’ under this Act and where applicable any disqualifications under the Childcare Act.
The amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975 (2013) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’ and are not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found on the Disclosure and Barring Service filtering guide.
This role involves working with children on a daily basis and is therefore in regulated activity.
Offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references, online searches and Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
Please see the following links to our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and Recruitment and Selection policy.
Closing Date: 11 December 2022
Proposed Interview Date: 14 December 2022
Proposed Start Date: 16 January 2023