We require a Classroom Teacher to join The Gordon Children’s Academy. The successful candidate will be a KS2 teacher, although KS1 opportunities may be available. You will be willing to play a full part in the further development of our school and our trust, joining us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone. There may also be the opportunity to work across our Strood Hub, consisting of All Faiths Children’s Academy and Cedar Children’s Academy, as well as Gordon Children’s Academy.
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our vibrant and friendly school, and benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to our schools are encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Alison Harding.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates.
The Gordon Children's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.