Class Teacher for KS2 initially. MPS M3/M4
Start Date: January 2023
Contract: Permanent Contract
ECTs Considered: Not on this occasion.
A founding member of the Palladian Academy Trust, Combe Down Primary School is a popular fourteen class community school that serves Combe Down and the surrounding suburbs of Bath. Combe Down was deemed as ‘Good’ in its recent OFSTED inspection and currently has 409 children on roll. Our Christian values of love, respect, trust, compassion, honesty and forgiveness underpin everything we do.
Combe Down Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and well-motivated full-time teacher. excellent knowledge of the curriculum; significant experience of teaching children including those with SEND; possess high quality teaching skills, along with good communication and teamwork skills and demonstrate a desire to support continuous school improvement and their own professional development. Expertise in English will be advantageous.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers who are supportive of the aims and vision of our school and who have a proven ability as a good or outstanding teacher.
Our vision at Combe Down Primary is to provide a safe, happy environment, which encourages each child to aim high in all they do. We want them to be responsible, resourceful and resilient, confident, open, friendly, happy, polite, enthusiastic about learning and life, and to become a responsible and enriching member of society.
At Combe Down we can offer:
- An inclusive, values-driven community
- Delightful, enthusiastic and motivated learners.
- Excitement, challenge and an opportunity to shine.
- A friendly, supportive and committed staff determined to raise standards further.
- Access to exciting professional development through our school and the wider Palladian Academy Trust.
- A leadership team who are committed to improving our school further.
- An outstanding teacher who is able to commit to our vision and values and will inspire our children
- A person with passion and enthusiasm who loves working with children, their families and the wider school community.
- Able to work collaboratively, plan and deliver consistently great lessons, can assess learning effectively and is committed to seeing all children thrive
- Flexible, hardworking and able to enjoy the fun and challenges of school life.
- Highly motivated and well organised.
The ideal candidate:
- will share our vision and ethos of high ambitions and nurture to include promoting Church School ethos
- have a passion for education and willingness to challenge themselves to be an excellent practitioner
- have high expectations and work to ensure that all children can succeed in their learning
- enjoy taking an active role as part of the whole school and community
- have the potential and capability to develop their career
- have a great sense of humour!
Do you fit the bill? If you feel that you do and have the energy, drive and enthusiasm then we would like to hear from you!
Please telephone Jane Gascoigne (Head Teacher) on 01225-840324 if you would like further information.
Completed application form should also include a letter of application demonstrating how you meet the person specification and the areas of the curriculum you would be able to develop.
Closing Date: Monday 17th October 0900
Interviews: Thursday 20th October
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of this commitment anyone working in a post with children or vulnerable groups will be expected to undertake an Enhanced DBS check with/without barred list checks.
As this post involves working within one of these groups, we will require an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check and/or subscription to the DBS online service. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Combe Down CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.