To operate within the catering outlets preparing and serving a range of food and drink items to customers in a clean, tidy hygienic and safe environment.
1. To provide excellent customer service in all aspects of the department commercially and educationally.
2. To prepare and sell a range of beverages, and food products.
3. To restock all produce to comply with safer food and better business.
4. Cash handling.
5. Maintaining a safe secure hygienic environment to comply with legislation.
6. To be proactive in Food storage, Stock rotating and Stock taking to comply with legislation.
7. Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
8. To support tutors and assist with supervising and coaching students undertaking work experience within the catering outlets experience.
9. To ensure accurate portion control, quality & counter service is standardised and delivered at all times.
10. To undertake regular cleaning of all equipment and work areas within the catering outlets.
11. To facilitate the hospitality requirements and events.
12. To engage with extra college activities as required.
13. To ensure continuous development and improvement of skills and professional knowledge.
14. To effectively and efficiently use all equipment and products to minimise waste in order to create an efficient working environment.
15. To build and maintain effective team working relationships.
16. To promote greener working practices to support college recycling policies.
17. Under take any other duties as required.
Hopwood Hall College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.