Full Time, Permanent
UCG are currently seeking to recruit a permanent Assistant Principal for Student Experience.
United Colleges Group, formed in 2017, has continued to provide strong education and skills support to the c16,000 learners who we serve every year. We have around 1,000 dedicated, skilled and enthusiastic staff who always put the needs of our students first and we are now looking for a permanent Assistant Principal for Student Experience to join our cohort of dedicated staff.
Over the past 18 months, UCG have reviewed its leadership and management to better reflect our aspirations around the world of work by creating a series of Career Clusters and a Performance and Quality area led by 10 Assistant Principals. We are now looking to invest further in our leadership and management across all areas and are now seeking additional management to lead on our Student Experience function to support the transformational change that is required to meet the needs of our students.
The Assistant Principal for Student Experience will provide outstanding leadership and management of the College Group safeguarding, student support and engagement and enrichment to ensure innovative and effective delivery securing outstanding performance across all Group activities and provision. The successful applicant will play a leadership role in the effective support and delivery of enhanced student personal development, behaviour and attitudes. You will also provide strategic and operational leadership and management to support the development of skills aligned to the world of work and will work closely with the Career Clusters to ensure effective relationships. These relationships will be crucial in order to deliver required meaningful work experience, while reaching targets for work experience for 16-18-year-old learners and developing T-Level work experience for the start of delivery in 23/24.
The Assistant Principal for Student Experience will develop innovative strategies to ensure that targets for sustained improvement in learner’s retention, achievement, student satisfaction and progression into positive destinations are achieved and learners are well prepared for their future both personally and professionally. You will act as an ambassador externally, leading on and contributing to effective positive partnerships at local and regional level- especially with the schools, employers and faith communities. You will be expected to strategically lead the LRC provision across the Group ensuring that learners needs are met and implementing appropriate resources and support structures when necessary.
The successful applicant will be expected to lead, manage and develop a team of staff, with direct line management responsibility for key Heads of Department or other managers as agreed with the Group or Deputy Principal and you will provide line management responsibilities for staff performance, identifying and facilitating any development needs or training requirements of the staff within your area.
The Assistant Principal for Student Experience will;
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent with a record of continuous professional development and will have a recognised relevant Professional Qualification
- Have an excellent understanding of service delivery and excellent student experience, engagement, student support and high value work experience and of achieving high standards of innovation and delivery
- Have experience of ensuring that strategic understanding and operational practice of safeguarding is well understood and fully embedded in an organisation
- Have a proven track record of developing wider skills, enhancing students’ personal development, behaviour and attitudes
- Possess a strong understanding of the policy context for education with a firm grasp of the 14-19 agenda, employer engagement, the student learning experience and policy and funding issues.
- Have experience of initiating and managing significant cultural change with a track record of shaping a management team to achieve planned outcomes.
- Have the ability to communicate and explain complex issues and reports in a way which can be clearly understood
- Have the ability to present information confidently and to take feedback constructively
- Be highly organised and have the ability to manage specialist, complex projects with excellent attention to detail
- Have experience of motivating, developing and managing the performance of effective, multi-disciplinary team
In return, the Group offers generous annual leave, a defined-benefit pension scheme, an interest-free season ticket loan, cycle scheme, free sight tests, enhanced maternity and paternity leave schemes and many other benefits.
The College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to full-vetting procedures including a DBS check.
United Colleges Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.