Are you a person-centred and driven HR professional looking for the next step in your career? We are looking for an experienced HR Generalist with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to join our growing charity supporting the HR relationship within our school, adult social care or support services functions.
Working within a friendly, supportive and established HR team, with a strong belief in their ability to make a difference, we are looking for a colleague with the same passion and positivity. You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge, skills and experience and put this into practice, supporting across a wide range of HR matters; ensuring our people are engaged, high performing and work well together to deliver Jigsaw’s goals.
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Annual Leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
How will you contribute to our team?
- Support stakeholders across the Trust with HR matters, providing advice and support to ensure best outcomes
- Manage the full recruitment process for your function, ensuring adherence to Safe Recruitment practice
- Monitor new starter pre-employment checks to meet statuary obligations and regulatory body standards such as Ofsted
- Support employee life cycle, managing new starter, change and leaver processes
- Promote a vigilant culture around GDPR, ensuring data is protected and appropriately managed within the team and across the Trust
- Support the completion of payroll, ensuring high accuracy and timely submission
- Support effective absence management and ongoing engagement and wellbeing of staff team to ensure staff are happy and healthy at work
What we can offer you:
- Performance Management salary bonus scheme and an Annual Salary Review
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Funded and supported Professional Development opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Facilities and Support
- Access to over 900 retailer discounts via our exclusive reward platform
- 10% discount at our onsite café
- Free onsite parking
- Long service awards including additional leave
Ideally you will be:
- A HR generalist or experienced HR Administrator/Assistant/Coordinator looking for the next step in your career. Experience in education, social care and/or the third sector would be an advantage
- CIPD qualified or equivalent qualifications would be an advantage
- An excellent communicator with the ability to build credibility, trust and respect at all levels of seniority
- A proactive team player with the ability to lend a hand wherever is needed
- Organised with strong administration skills and the ability to complete tasks in a logical manner with a high attention to detail
Closing Date: Thursday 8th September 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the advertised date where there is a significant response rate. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly, to avoid disappointment should the vacancy closing date be brought forward
FIND OUT MORE AND HOW TO APPLY - Please click 'apply' to visit our website to view the full job description and to download an application form
Jigsaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check (the cost of which will be paid by Jigsaw), teaching prohibited checks (if applicable), ID check, satisfactory references and proof of qualifications.