Assistant Head Teacher to lead Phase 1 Early Years
Permanent/Full time - Salary range L12-16
Bordesley Green Primary School
Marchmont Road, Birmingham, B9 5XX
January 2023 or sooner
We have a unique opportunity for an aspirational and ambitious Assistant Head Teacher with Early Years’ experience to lead Phase 1 Early Years provision. You will be working alongside our existing Phase Leaders in KS1 & KS2 and join our Strategic Leadership Team. This is a non-class-based role, with a teaching commitment within the phase.
You will receive a personalised programme of training, mentoring and coaching with the knowledge that you will develop the high-quality knowledge and experience required to confidently take on the full range of strategic and operational aspects of Assistant Headteacher.
We are looking for a Leader with:
• The determination to raise aspirations and improve the life chances of all children.
• A creative approach to the curriculum and the ability to deliver learning in an exciting way, with a focus on Early Years.
• Early Years specialism and experience of leading a core subject.
• Be an outstanding class teacher with a proven track record of raising attainment in Early Years.
• The ability to analyse data and present outcomes.
• The skills to use assessment data to review pupil progress and implement the appropriate interventions to raise standards.
• Experience of monitoring provision and outcomes and maintaining relevant documentation.
• A commitment to school improvement, through collaborative work with the whole school community
• Relevant knowledge, experience and skills to promote and sustain high standards of teaching and learning across the school and within your Phase
• An ability to identify school priorities and strategically plan for improvements.
• The ability to coach, mentor and support colleagues, embedding excellent practice.
• Successful middle/senior leadership experience in a primary school setting.
We will offer you:
• Enthusiastic children who enjoy learning and thrive on the exciting opportunities we provide.
• Polite and motivated children whose behaviour continues to be outstanding (Ofsted 2017)
• The opportunity to work with a supportive and visionary Strategic Leadership Team
• Excellent coaching and personalised professional development
• A friendly, supportive staff whose committed teamwork ensures the best possible outcomes for all children and families.
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community built on mutual respect and a shared desire to make a genuine difference.
• A learning environment and facilities which has undergone significant investment
Visits to the school are encouraged. Our website is informative but this is no substitute for meeting us at the school and seeing the children at work and play.
Applications must be submitted on the appropriate form and packs can be obtained from the school website and returned to the email address provided in the pack.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th September 2022 at 12.00 midday
Interviews will take place: Thursday 29th September 2022