Background to the Post
Warwickshire College has an excellent reputation for vocational education and training for work-based Apprenticeships. The Work Based Learning Academy is a large and varied curriculum area offering a wide range of subjects and disciplines, including apprenticeships, work based learning qualifications, management training and professional accreditations. The post holder will be responsible for a caseload of apprentices.
We are now seeking a motivated and organised individual who can liaise with both employers and learners to assess their competencies within the workplace. This post will be based at our Rugby or Leamington site. The department provides training and assessment for Apprenticeship Standards. The post holder will join the existing Business Support Services, Hospitality, Creative and Care team work with the Head of Work Based Learning to provide employers with the necessary support to employ apprentices, and to continue to support the apprentices in the workplace. To carry out Health and Safety checks and Risk Assessments. To visit students and Apprentices in work settings to carry out reviews, assess, train and offer support, to liaise with Employers. To provide a point of contact for employers and other agencies as necessary. To be responsible for producing and updating data relating to Work.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Royal Leamington Spa College
Our Royal Leamington Spa campus delivers various specialisms from Hair & Beauty to Games Art & Design. As well as these courses we also have an onsite Bistro where some of our students complete their catering courses. We offer a broad range of career opportunities including teaching and support roles.
- A Level 3 qualification in relevant sector
- Assessor qualification.
- Recent relevant experience of working in the sector.
- A UK driving licence free of major endorsements and the use of a motor vehicle.
- Experience of supporting Apprentices in the workplace
- Experience of delivering and facilitating training to groups
- A Teaching qualification or a willingness to work towards
- Experience of Electronic Tracking and Monitoring Systems
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to liaise effectively with learners.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of current developments within the Hospitality Sector.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to adopt a customer-care approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly in terms of location and timing.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Enthusiastic with an innovative approach.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.