Background to the Post
The Construction Work Based Learning Department is part of WCG Apprenticeships. The department provides training and assessment for apprenticeships & work based assessments for Carpentry, Brickwork, Electrical & Plumbing at the college’s Leamington Spa, Rugby & Moreton Morrell Centres. The post holder will join the existing Construction team and be responsible to the Head of Department for the area.
Why Work With Us?
Imagine working for an employer that has a positive impact on the lives of thousands of students every year. That could be you.
We offer careers in teaching, educational support and pastoral care and brilliant opportunities within our professional Corporate and Commercial Services departments. The opportunities here are almost endless and can be full time, term time only, part time.
We are one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the country with just under 15,000 students and around 1,300 staff. That’s a lot of people and people are our key to success.
WCG has a comprehensive staff training program, offering leadership training for those wanting to progress and an employee health and wellbeing programme to support our staff when they need it most.
Place of Work: Royal Leamington Spa College
Our Royal Leamington Spa campus delivers various specialisms from Hair & Beauty to Games Art & Design. As well as these courses we also have an onsite Bistro where some of our students complete their catering courses. We offer a broad range of career opportunities including teaching and support roles.
One of our benefits here at WCG is we have onsite gym facilities that all employees have access to 7 days a week.
- Experience of dealing with customer is essential
- A willingness to undertake professional development to address specific vocational
- IT skills in Excel / Word / Outlook or similar software.
- A driving licence free of major endorsements and/or the ability to travel within the College’s recruitment area
- Vocational experience of working in industry and dealing with customers.
- Experience of mentoring or coaching.
- Experience of working with Awarding Bodies and knowledge of their systems and Paperwork.
- Experience of reviewing learners within the company.
- Experience of working with outside agencies and organisations.
- Assessor award A1, or equivalent, or a willingness to complete the award within one
- Evidence of formal structured training e.g. an apprenticeship.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external agencies.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of current developments within relevant sectors.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Enthusiastic with an innovative approach.
- Ability to adopt a customer-care approach.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of Equality and Diversity.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours which support the Core Values of the College.
For a full job description including duties and responsibilities of the role, please see the job description attached below.
Warwickshire College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.