Craven College is an aspirational College set in friendly and inclusive rural campuses in Skipton within the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, at The Aviation Academy based airside at Leeds Bradford Airport and at Evolve in the heart of Ripon. We are a Good College (Ofsted 2018) and offer full-time courses for 16-18 year olds, outstanding apprenticeships, courses for young people with special educational needs, part-time courses and degree level courses with a mission statement of ‘enriching lives through learning’. Tyro Training is our commercial training division, which offers a wide range of training courses for both individuals and businesses in Skipton.
We continuously invest in our excellent, industry standard facilities with a new £1.6m purpose-built Animal Management Centre on our Aireville Campus to be followed in 2022 by the construction of new equestrian facilities including an international sized arena and outdoor warm up area.
We are currently seeking to employ a committed and motivated Apprenticeship Coordinator to work in close liaison with the Apprenticeships Manager and to be responsible for recruitment of appropriate candidates to the College’s Apprenticeship programmes. They will also be responsible for monitoring Apprentices to ensure continued successful progress towards achievement, to help with identification of and negotiation with suitable employers to support employed Apprentices throughout and on completion of the programme.
Key duties will also involve liaising with all parties involved ensuring the Apprentice employment, College learning and personal needs are maximised; and work in line with College and SFA quality assurance and audit guidance ensuring the highest level of service to all concerned.
- Qualified to at least A level standard or equivalent;
- An understanding of Apprenticeships and vocational training;
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to organise and prioritise work ensuring timely management of own workload;
- Have experience of working to challenging targets and be able to work in a changeable environment where personal performance can be measured and successful teamwork is essential;
- Ability to interpret and apply complex procedural systems and guidance notes ensuring accurate and auditable results;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to represent the College externally and communicate at a range of levels;
- Ability to carry out complex negotiations between several parties ensuring satisfactory agreement is brokered;
- Ability to work on own initiative and to a consistently high standard under pressure to pre-determined deadlines;
- Ability to deal with personal information in a confidential and sensitive manner;
- Understanding of basic employment rights, responsibilities and law;
- Understanding of Health & Safety Regulations/Risk Assessment;
- Computer literate;
- Willing and committed to undertake a programme of formal training and self-development including level 2 qualification in Numeracy and Literacy if required;
- Current clean driving licence and access to an appropriately insured vehicle.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly college in North Yorkshire with fantastic facilities, excellent CPD opportunities and a great working and learning environment.
A disclosure check with the Disclosure & Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further information including a full job description and to apply, please visit our website
If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date on this occasion you have not been shortlisted. However please feel free to apply for futures roles as appropriate.
Craven College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.