Salary: Pay Group 2 Pro rata to £16,097 - £19,317 for hours and weeks stated.
Hours per week: 37 hours (with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break), term time only + 5 INSET days.
Start date: ASAP
Contract: full time, permanent
Closing Date: 04/12/2022
Interview Date: TBC
We require an Administration Assistant to join Plympton Academy. We are looking for a well-organised, efficient and enthusiastic person to join our team to assist in supporting the Office Manager by providing a range of administrative support and reception service.
The working hours for this role are - 8.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am-3.30pm on Fridays.
We are looking for someone with excellent all-round IT skills and the ability to be flexible. You will provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff. You will have the ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
What you need to succeed:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft 365
- Ability to be flexible
- Able to provide a friendly, welcoming, first point of contact for parents/carers, visitors and staff.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, deadlines and interruptions and to work to tight deadlines in a methodical manner observing confidentiality at all times.
- A good standard of education, including GCSE Maths and English at grade C (4) or above
- First Aid Qualification desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact Tracey Overton on Tracey.Overton @ plymptonacademy.tsat.uk to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk
Plympton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.