Salary: TSAT Pay Group 3 pro rata £8,125 - £9,613 for hours and weeks stated (£22,818 - £26,997 FTE)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Fixed Term until 31/08/2023
Hours: 15 hours a week, term time only
Closing Date: 13/12/2022
Interview Date: TBC
We are seeking to appoint a caring and enthusiastic 1:1 Nursery Nurse to join our Nursery School based at our Penbridge Schools.
Our nursery has 50 places for children aged 2 to 4 years, offering all day and part time places.
You deliver and ensure a high standard of learning, development and care for a child 1:1 whilst ensuring the nursery is safe environment for children to learn.
Formally known as Penhale Infant School and Newbridge Junior School, we officially joined together in September 2022 to form Penbridge Primary School. The infants site comprises of a nursery for 30 children and a 2-form entry infant school with 180 children on the roll including 16 in our Rainbow Fish Inclusion Unit.
“Pupils are happy and enjoy attending this welcoming school” – Ofsted 2022
At Penbridge Schools, we are a proud member of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This enables us to create a unique offer for children: an "all-through" educational journey in which they remain with the same family of schools throughout their education.
Penbridge School is one of five primary schools and one secondary school in Portsmouth to benefit from Thinking Schools' award-winning resources, curriculum, and collaboration opportunities.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 in Child Care and Education or equivalent
- SEN experience would be desirable
- English & Maths GCSE Grade C or above/ or equivalent
- Have excellent verbal communication and literacy skills
- Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum would also be desirable
- Nurturing with a passion to make a difference in young children’s’ care and education
- Good ICT skills
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
Be their Best self
Shape their Success
What our Trust will offer you:
- Children and parents who will welcome you and appreciate all of your hard work
- Regular opportunity to meet and share best practice with the other schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
- Team of friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff and governors
- Outstanding CPD opportunities which also offers a great support network for our staff
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should a suitable candidate be found.
Visits to our nursery are very welcome and encouraged. Please contact Sarah Arthur on sarah.arthur @ penbridge.tsat.uk to arrange a suitable time.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk
Penbridge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.