Please note that applications will be reviewed as received and should a suitable candidate be identified, we may close the vacancy early. Therefore, early application is encouraged.
This post offers 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time only.
Salary Scale WHFNJC K4 - K7 £17,159 - £18,115 actual pa (£21,189 - £22,369 full time equivalent)
Melksham Oak Community School is a large, thriving 11-18 secondary school where students of all abilities, aptitudes and social backgrounds are nurtured, encouraged and challenged to achieve their best. We recently welcomed Ofsted inspectors to the school and have been rated good in all areas. We couldn’t do what we do without our fantastic staff team, and we are looking for a proactive and self-motivated Science Technician to join our team.
If you have an interest in science and are looking for a school support role, working in a Secondary School, come and join us on this exciting journey and be part of helping every student reach their potential.
All About You
Do you have what it takes to join us? The Science Technician we would like to join us will:
- Have a minimum of GCSE in Grade C in Maths and English.
- Have knowledge of health and safety within a school environment.
- Have excellent organisational skills, able to manage a workload and prioritise.
Why Work for us?
We think you will love working with us and here are some of the reasons why:
- We are a welcoming and supportive school with strong values and a caring ethos.
- Our staff are a hardworking team dedicated to helping children succeed.
- Our children are engaged and eager to learn.
- We have a supportive leadership team and wider school community.
- As part of The White Horse Federation multi-academy trust, we benefit from their support, encouragement, shared resources and outstanding CPD opportunities.
Why not come and see for yourself? We would love to welcome you to our school and show you around so that you can better understand our school environment. Please get in touch with the school office to arrange a visit if you wish.
The White Horse Federation is a large Multi-Academy Trust in South West and South East England, committed to providing the very best education for our students. We believe in empowering our staff to be the very best they can be, and that is why you will find a wide range of professional development opportunities available to you when you join us.
We believe in valuing our staff, and one of the ways we can do that is by offering a range of benefits to our staff:
- Car Purchase Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Reward Gateway Discounts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Pension Scheme
Ready to Apply?
We hope we have done enough to give you a flavour of what it is like to work here. If you would like come and join us, then please apply today – we are looking forward to hearing from you.