Early Years Trainer/Assessor
1.0 FTE (37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year)
£25,102 to £27,871 per annum
Are you highly motivated with a passion for developing learner’s skills, have experiencing in assessing and looking for a rewarding career?
Here at Aspiral Learning, we are the employer-focused and national provider arm for BCoT. We are proud to offer a number of new apprenticeships to encourage organisations to use apprentice in a wider variety of roles.
We are recruiting for an experienced Apprenticeship Trainer to train, assess and support a caseload of learners undertaking apprenticeships and diplomas in nurseries, schools and for level 5 managers in residential care across Hampshire and surrounding areas.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to ensure leaners achieve targets and department targets are met
• Have previous experience of delivering apprenticeship and diploma programmes
• Hold an Assessor Award qualification (an additional IQA award would be advantageous)
• Have experience of delivering and assessing Functional Skills would also be advantageous
We will start to review applications 7 days after the vacancy is advertised. Interviews will be arranged as and when after this date, so please do not delay in applying.
- Pension scheme: Teachers Pension (TPS)
- Generous annual leave entitlement, bank holidays (plus Christmas closure.) Retail Benefits scheme, free onsite parking, refectory/coffee shop, Gym and staff wellbeing day.
- DBS check is payable by candidate.
- Successful candidate will hold a UK driver licence as travel around Hampshire and surrounding locations is essential.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the College is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Basingstoke College of Technology, located in North Hampshire, is a leading and well-respected further education provider. The college prides itself on its excellent links with business and the success of its learners in securing positive destinations.
Basingstoke is an expanding town with a thriving economy and excellent transport links. The college was rated ‘good with outstanding features’ in May 2016 by Ofsted and is committed to becoming an ‘outstanding’ provider. Our financial health has consistently been rated ‘outstanding’ over the last 10 years by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
BCoT is a significant provider of apprenticeships and we have set ambitious growth targets.
BCoT is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
BCoT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its learners, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure (payable by the candidate) as well as providing proof of the right to work in the UK.