Teacher of Science (Chemistry) x 2
Required forJanuary 2024
Deadline to apply: 12 noon, Monday 03 October 2023
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and successful teacher, on a permanent basis, to join our thriving, oversubscribed and outstanding all-through school. Successful candidates will be required to teach Science, with a focus on Chemistry, across Key Stages. Candidates should be able to teach Chemistry to A-Level. The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and the governors wish to appoint candidates of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic coeducational school. This role is advertised as a main or upper scale teaching role but there is the possibility of a TLR for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
Dunraven Educational Trust was established in 2016. DET is a trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
We want an educational experience which provides excellence for - and expects it from - everyone. We know that this is best achieved in a school where:
● the offer is broad, balanced, inclusive, enriching and effective in meeting the needs of young people;
● staff and students are supported and challenged to be the best versions of themselves;
● relationships are positive, well established and healthy;
● practice is based on evidence and underpinned by the notion that ‘we can always do better’.
We are clear that this supports the development of children and young people (and adults) who are: resilient, courteous, optimistic, hardworking, self-disciplined, enthusiastic and creative.
DUNRAVEN SCHOOL OVERVIEW
Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us. For example:
● In August 2011, we converted to Academy status
● In 2012 we began our development as an All Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013
● In summer 2013 our £20 million BSF programme was completed
● In October 2014 we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by Ofsted.
● In 2016 we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor. The Dunraven Educational Trust was established.
In 2018, the Dunraven Educational Trust began working in partnership with two primary schools. Van Gogh Primary joined the Trust on 1 September 2018 and was followed by Goldfinch in January 2019. We were joined by Rosendale Primary and The Elmgreen School in September 2022.
In April 2024 under the new Ofsted framework we were judged as a good school with outstanding features, including Personal Development and the Sixth Form
If you are successful in your application, you will share in the leadership and management of a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
● a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
● clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track-record of success in developing leaders;
● a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
● excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners;
● a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
We look forward to receiving your completed application.
SCIENCE AT DUNRAVEN
The Science Department is a hardworking department consisting of 10 full time staff, 1 part time and 3 support staff. We are working towards encouraging all students to acquire understanding and knowledge of the concepts, principles and application of Science through effective teaching techniques and the use of ICT.
Dunraven is keen to support all aspects of staff development, personal and professional, and has a strong staff development policy. It has had Investors in People status for many years. We have a very good track record of developing staff to move into leadership positions.
Dunraven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.