Responsible to: Head of Art
Pay scale: ILPS
Work pattern: Full-time
Required for: January 2024
Deadline to apply: Midday, Wednesday 27 September 2023
Location of post: The Elmgreen School, SE27 9BZ
Thank you for your enquiry about the post of Art Teacher (Maternity Cover). We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Art teacher who has a passion for his or her subject and a commitment to ensuring that the students at The Elmgreen School share that passion.
- To consistently teach our student well, ensuring progress for all in our inclusive school
- to help develop and implement policies and practices for Art which reflect the school’s commitment to high achievement and effective teaching and learning
- to support the Head of Art in the development of appropriate syllabi, assessment, teaching and learning strategies and resources
- to support in monitoring the progress made towards achieving targets for Art.
The Elmgreen School became part of the Dunraven Educational Trust in September 2021, and together we are focused on developing an exciting, dynamic and progressive community, focused on improving the outcomes for children and their families.
Dunraven Educational Trust Overview
Dunraven Educational Trust (DET) was established in 2016. It now incorporates Dunraven’s All-Through School, Goldfinch Primary, The Elmgreen School, Rosendale Primary School and Van Gogh Primary. DET is a Trust committed to one overarching aim: excellence for and from everyone. This is an expectation for both the children and adults in a school community. It is achieved in a variety of ways according to the context of each school but within the clear framework established by the Trust.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working,
committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers;
- a supportive and collegiate environment,
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
The Elmgreen School is committed to the safety and protection of its students. An enhanced DBS check and a barred list check are conditions of employment for this post.
The Elmgreen School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.