Salary: £27,717.00 FTE per annum (pro rata salary £24,719.55 per annum)
Contract: Term time only (41 weeks per year), 37 hours per week - Fixed term until Easter 2023 (potential to be extended).
Catch22 is a social business, a not for profit business with a social mission. For over 200 years we have designed and delivered services that build resilience and aspiration in people and communities. Our 1600 colleagues work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting 44,000 individuals from cradle to career. Today we deliver alternative education, apprenticeships and employability programmes, justice and rehabilitation services (in prisons and in the community), gangs intervention work, emotional wellbeing and substance misuse, and children’s social care programmes.
Catch22 include is an alternative education provider for young people, over 700 vulnerable young people with challenging behaviours are supported through independent alternative education schools or via a range of tailored support programmes delivered in school or off-site. Include schools provide an alternative to mainstream schooling, whereby multiple barriers to learning have previously affected engagement and access to education
Join us as within our Primary school as a QTS Teacher and you could be playing a key role in providing an invaluable programme of education for vulnerable students who present challenging behaviours.
Catch22 Include schools provide an alternative to mainstream schooling for young people aged 5 to 11 years old where multiple barriers to learning have previously affected engagement and access to education.
We are looking for a QTS Teacher for our Lowestoft Primary School on a 1 year contract, to provide Education for puilps aged 5 to 11 years old. As a Teacher you will work in our alternative education provision in Lowestoft. You will be teaching students who have emotional and behavioural difficulties, in small groups. The work is intensive requiring flexibility, sensitivity, patience and resilience. An ability to work with and engage all students with creativity and passion towards all subjects is essential.
You will be part of a small but effective team where communication and professionalism is paramount. The work, whilst challenging, is extremely rewarding. Primarily you will be required to teach, produce schemes of work and lesson plans. Building rapport with students/families/carers is key to this role and you will need to liaise with a variety of agencies to problem-solve student issues and barriers to learning.
As a Teacher in our school, your main accountabilities will include:
Teaching and learning:
- Creating an inspirational learning environment with high expectations of learner achievement, success and progression
- Planning, producing and updating schemes of work to meet curriculum, inspection, and accreditation requirements, taking into account guidance from the DfE and other regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with all current requirements
- Developing learning resources and learning routes that meet learner needs and the requirements of Catch22 and commissioner requirements
- Preparing lessons for off-site students for support staff to deliver
- Supporting and guiding learners so that they can reflect on their learning, identify the progress they have made and set positive targets for improvement
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the students, safeguarding their wellbeing
- Building effective and supporting relationships with students and families/carers; embedding that trust and support within the education process. Liaising with outside agencies as appropriate
- Undertaking relevant administrative tasks associated with the teaching function including examination/accreditation entries for learners, register taking and invigilation
- Acting as a role model; champion Catch22 and the Education directorate’s vision and values
- Comply with Catch22 policies and procedures including safeguarding, child protection, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality
- Undertake personal and professional development activities and liaise with other staff so knowledge and best practice can be shared
Please ensure you read the attached job description and person specification for full details on the role.
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
Catch22 Independent school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.