We have an opening for a teacher to cover maternity cover, 2 days a week Monday and Tuesday. The salary is Mainscale and looking to start in March 2023.
Please come for a school tour as soon as possible.
In addition to those professional responsibilities which are common to all classroom teachers in the Trust and described fully in the Core and Post Threshold Teacher Standards, the postholder’s key accountability will be for delivering high standards of teaching and learning, leading to all pupils having a successful start to their school career.
All postholders are expected to recognise overall Trust objectives and practice when carrying our their school role.
The postholder will be required to exercise his/her professional skills and judgement to carry out, in a collaborative manner, the professional duties set out below:-
• Work with all members of staff and the Trust to realise the vision of the school
• Promote the school ethos in all aspects of school life
• Set high expectations for all pupils and support staff and continually strive to raise standards
• Be familiar with and show a clear understanding of all school or Trust policies and ensure that they are all put into practice
• Take responsibility for an area of the curriculum/key area and ensure clear lines of communication are set up with the management team and all colleagues
• Audit, organise and upkeep the relevant resources to ensure accessibility and support for quality learning opportunities
• Show and share exemplary practice in relation to the post
• Work alongside colleagues where appropriate, extending and developing strengths and weaknesses
The Park Academies Trust was formed in 2016 with the vision to make a significant contribution to improving education in Swindon and surrounds.
A family of four schools; Abbey Park School, Lydiard Park Academy, Orchid Vale Primary School and Red Oaks Primary School with plans to grow; the Trust offers a high quality all through educational provision from nursery right up to our Sixth Form based at Lydiard Park Academy, enabling staff and pupils alike to benefit from being part of a thriving multi-phase educational Trust.
Orchid Vale Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.