St Paul’s Girls’ School is seeking to employ a part-time (Term time only) nurse to join the medical and wellbeing team. The wellbeing team is made up a Lead Nurse, a part time nurse (current vacancy), a counselling team, the medical Chaplain, the safeguarding leads, and the learning support coordinator. The medical team reports to the Deputy Head, Director of Pastoral Care. The medical centre is open every weekday during term time from 8am until 4.30pm and delivers a vital and diverse service to the school, ranging from basic first aid to liaison with local hospitals.
We seek to appoint a well-qualified professional with a genuine interest in the development of young people who would relish the opportunity to make a difference in this stimulating and unique environment. The successful candidate is likely to have the following skills and qualifications:
- A professional nursing qualification
- Ideally, experience of working within a school
- Knowledge and experience of working with adolescents suffering with mental health issues.
- An open-minded and energetic approach with a desire to develop the profile of the Medical Centre.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of managing a medical database.
- Excellent inter-personal and written communication skills.
- A commitment to continuous professional development.
- The ability to work independently with initiative as well as within a team.
Closing date: Thursday 6 October, noon
Interviews: Monday 10 October
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, therefore the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We will be undertaking online checks for all shortlisted candidates in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022.
St Paul's Girls' School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.