POST TITLE: Professional Tutor
SCALE/SCALE-POINT: Support Scale 6
RESPONSIBLE TO: Bridge Programme Manager
“Come questioning, go seeking, grow”
We are seeking an enthusiastic Professional Tutor to join our friendly support staff team at The Henley College on a permanent basis. In the Professional Tutor role, you supporting the pastoral, social and academic development of approximately 200 students through the tutorial structure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To manage the induction of students and the absence process in line with College procedures.
- To ensure students are on the appropriate study programmes and assist the Senior Tutors and Head of Faculty (HoF) with course changes including student enrichment.
- To be based in a specific curriculum area, working with teachers and curriculum leaders to support students to succeed.
- To understand and communicate student profile and progress by providing advice and guidance as necessary.
- To ensure student records are up to date and communicated in line with College procedures and the Student Disciplinary database.
- To follow up on and respond to concerns from teachers or students and implement the student disciplinary process as appropriate.
- To ensure tutees feel able to discuss and disclose any allegations/incidents of harassment, bullying or abuse and check that all students are aware of the College support processes including the confidential counselling service.
- To help plan and deliver a programme of group activities provided by Student Services and/or Senior Tutors in line with the tutorial schedule (to include delivering topics on financial, physical and emotional wellbeing).
- To participate in the planning and delivery of larger-group tutorial meetings including but not limited to, such topics as Employability Skills, Careers, HE and Apprenticeships, Health & Safety, Safeguarding & Prevent, etc.
- To liaise with parents, employers, Assistant Principals, Senior Tutors and Faculty Administrators, as appropriate, in line with the College policies and procedures.
- To co-ordinate and produce references in line with College procedures.
- To ensure that tutees complete leavers’ destination questionnaires (including early leavers) and, if required, to contact leavers to confirm destination information. To liaise with Faculty Administrators and MIS regarding the timely recording of destination data.
- On a weekly basis, to pass on information to the group from the student newsletter or Heads of Faculty, Lead Tutors, Examinations Office and other sources.
- To assist students, prepare for their next steps.
- Other duties also include; cover for receptions and admin support for curriculum admin staff
- To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic Plan.
- To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
- To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
- To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out.
- To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
- To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
- To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Permanent, Term Time Only
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Salary: From£25,575.00 per annum (Pro-rata for Part time and Term Time Only)
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme. This is an employee and employee
contributory pension scheme.
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.