Pastoral Team Support Officer
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 3 £20,892 - £25,0570 (Pro rata Salary for hours and weeks stated £18,751 - £22,501)
Start date: September 2022
Contract: 37 hours per week – 40 weeks (Term time plus 1 week)
Closing Date: 04/09/2022
Interview Date: TBC
We require a Pastoral Team Support Officer (PTSO) to join The Portsmouth Academy. You will be joining our team of creative, supportive and dynamic staff.
As PTSO the successful candidate will work across all year groups (Y7-Y11) to provide additional pastoral support and intervention to the Deputy Heads of Year, and Heads of Year. You will form an essential part of the team that operates to maintain our trust’s culture of ‘Aspire, Achieve and Respect’ in the way that students behave when they are on the school-site.
It is an exciting time to be joining the hardworking and committed staff at The Portsmouth Academy, our brand new Aspire building launched in September 2020 boasting excellent facilities and panoramic views of the city, as well as additional refurbishment in the existing building.
The Portsmouth Academy is also on a journey to becoming a “Microsoft Showcase School” due to our approach to digital learning.
“Leaders have dramatically improved the quality of teaching, learning and assessment… consequently, the quality of teaching, learning and assessment is consistently good and continues to improve.” – Ofsted, April 2017
About the role:
- You will be promoting positive values, attitudes and good student behaviour including addressing students whose behaviour does not meet the expectations within the school behaviour policy.
- Be relentless in monitoring the behaviour of students and ensuring that appropriate follow up takes place by all members of staff where misbehaviour, or serious misbehaviour occurs; particularly when students cross red lines.
- Work alongside other members of the pastoral support team to create and apply intervention strategies for individuals or groups of students to defend and promote the culture of aspire, achieve and respect.
- Provide additional capacity to the ‘on call’ team throughout the day, patrolling corridors regularly to keep discipline and order, and identifying ‘hot spots’ within the Academy.
- Liaising with parents and attending meetings as appropriate, reviewing and updating student support plans.
What you will need to succeed:
- The right candidate for the role will have experience of working with young people to support their physical and mental wellbeing and will possess excellent written and communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have high levels of motivation, energy and commitment with a reflective approach to the role and the ability to work to build positive relationships with students and their parents/carers.
- The suitable candidate will have previous experience supporting children pastorally.
What our Trust will offer you:
- A state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff car park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Portsmouth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.