About us and the role
We are looking for an experienced KS2 Lead to join our School.
Avanti Gardens School is part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Staff and students at Avanti Gardens School do not originate from any specific faith background and applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School and the Trust.
You will be working as part of a team who are passionate about providing the very best experience for our students.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop a new and innovative school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
School visits are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the School directly to arrange a suitable time.
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What will you do?
- Lead and manage the phase team to provide high-quality learning for all children within a secure, happy and caring environment.
- Liaise effectively with the senior leadership team (SLT) to ensure consistency of approach in teaching and learning and the highest quality of education for all its pupils.
- Contribute to, and promote, the vision, culture and ethos of the school and Trust.
- Coordinate the work within Key Stage (KS) supporting and advising as appropriate and to write and update termly an annual improvement plan.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- Qualified to bachelor’s degree level in relevant subject or allied subject
- Proven highly successful teaching experience in specific phase
- Experience of leading a core-subject
- Good communication skills at all levels
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Gardens School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.