Part Time Drama / English Teacher (2 days per week)
Temporary - Maternity Cover (until July 2023)
Thank you for your interest in this post.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic English / Drama teacher to join our English/Creative Arts team. We are interested in recruiting a teacher who has the ability and potential to teach outstanding lessons in the full range of age and ability at our 11-16 school. This post is suitable for either experienced teachers or NQTs.
Ivanhoe School is:
- Located in Ashby de la Zouch, in the heart of the National Forest;
- An all-ability comprehensive school with a successful track record and a bright future
- A school with a strong commitment to staff training and learning with a quality induction programme for all staff; and a well-resourced department with a strong department team
Our English department is a successful and thriving area of the college, with our students achieving consistently strong Key Stage 3 results. We have an exciting and relevant curriculum which engages students’ interest and promotes a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning. An enthusiasm for your subject is essential together with the ability to inspire and motivate students to achieve highly and enjoy English.
Drama is a key subject area in our Creative Arts Department, under the strong leadership of the Subject Leader who also leads Music at the college. A love of your subject is essential together with the ability to inspire and motivate students to achieve highly. Experience of Dance and Music teaching would be beneficial. Ivanhoe School has had a long tradition of music and drama productions and we are very proud of our achievements in this area.
We are looking for a creative and inspiring teacher who:
- Is already an outstanding teacher or has the potential to achieve this standard within a year
- Is a lifelong learner
- Works collaboratively
- Has a commitment to raising student achievement
- Is committed to developing his/her own teaching and learning
- Enjoys working with young people and cares about them as individuals
- Has energy and enthusiasm!
If you are a teacher with the drive and energy to make a real difference for our students, and if Ivanhoe School and this role sound like the ideal next step in your career, I hope you will feel encouraged to apply.
Please contact the school if you require any further information about the school or the role.
Closing date for applications is 9.00am, 27th February 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 27th February 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check.