£19,920 - £23,661 per annum (pro-rata if part-time) (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Full or substantial part-time
The AHWRC is a leading practical facility that houses a large range of both domestic and exotic animal species. The centre holds a number of industry recognised licenses and is currently going through an exciting period of development.
The post holder will undertake practical instruction and assessment of groups of students across various animal sections of the AHWRC. You will be expected to deliver exceptional practical teaching using a range of both companion and exotic animal species. The ability to communicate effectively is a key aspect of this role.
Candidates should be educated to at least level 3 in a relevant qualification e.g. Animal Management. Candidates should be able to demonstrate significant professional experience working with a range of animals as well as a real passion and enthusiasm for animals and helping all learners to reach their maximum potential. The post holder will hold an appropriate teaching qualification or be willing to attain one. The ability to communicate effectively is a key aspect of this role
This post is to be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 05 December 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.