Start Date: ASAP
Hours 27.5 hours per a week, 39 weeks per a year
Salary: TSAT Pay Group 3 £13,639 - £16,366 (based on a FTE of £22,818 - £26,997)
Closing Date: 11/12/2022
We require a proactive person to cover classes and support students to help their learning, whilst maintaining our high standards of behavior. You will engage with students and act as a role model .This is a fantastic opportunity for either experienced cover supervisors or if you are looking to gain teaching experience.
Your main purpose it to deliver preset work in the absence of the teacher normally responsible for teaching a particular class, by utilising pre-prepared exercises. When no cover duties are required you will undertake activities to assist teachers in the delivery of the curriculum.
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme.
We work collaboratively with the best schools locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. As a result, we are incredibly proud of our students and staff who love the challenge of learning, are equipped to achieve their dreams and take pride in their success.
Your New Role :
For a full list of roles and responsibilities please see the attached job description
- You will Supervise classes for absent staff, delivering their lesson plans
- Provide guidance and support to enable pupils to find answers to questions and tasks set, using knowledge of each pupil’s differing levels of development and ability to ensure progression and continuity.
- Supervise individual or small groups of pupils undertaking teacher–led learning activities by co-ordinating and explaining basic instructions for the activity, adjusting activities within the scope of the lesson plan and learning outcomes in response to pupils’ learning.
- Assist pupil achievement by monitoring learning against learning outcomes, informing the teacher and or SENCO of progress/problems so that adjustments can be made accordingly.
- Support the development of literacy and numeracy skills of pupils from a wide variety of backgrounds
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth. We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances. Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
- In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days + bank holidays, increasing to 30 + bank holidays.
- Employee discount scheme offering discounts on nationwide retailers
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any applicants who may be interested in working at our school to contact Tracey Overton
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email recruitment @ tsatrust.org.uk
Plympton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.