The College is looking for committed and responsible individuals to add to our list of Invigilators. Successful candidates will be contacted as necessary throughout the academic year.
Accountable to: Examinations Coordinator
Invigilators would be required to:
• monitor the conduct of students within the examination room according to the guidelines issued by the College and the examining bodies, under the direction of the designated person in charge.
• assist with the distribution of examination material and collection of examination scripts at the appropriate time.
• complete attendance registers
• accompany students to the cloakrooms when necessary.
• help deal with students who become ill during an examination.
• ensure the security of examination material and maintain confidentiality.
• assist with the checking and dispatch of examination scripts
• perform such other duties which will allow for the smooth running of the examinations.
• other duties consistent with the grade of the post as may be requested by the Examinations office.
Candidates will be shortlisted and appointed on the basis of illustrating that they fulfill the following essential criteria:
• good communication and interpersonal skills.
• good organisational and time management skills.
• the ability to work with others as part of a close-knit team.
• the ability to adapt and be flexible.
• the ability to invigilate for several hours at a time, if required.
• the ability to both patrol the examination room on a regular basis and to stand for short periods of time. This is necessary in order to monitor the conduct of students.
• an appreciation of the key issues involved in examination invigilation.
• the ability to ensure students comply with examination regulations and conditions.
Experience of working within the field of education is desirable
Note: Examination board rules do not allow current students of Queen Mary’s College to invigilate at this centre.
This role attracts a number of benefits such as, use of the Sports Centre facilities, free onsite parking, complimentary beverages for all staff, related training and development, and a generous sickness and maternity package.
Queen Mary's College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.