Achievement Support Assistant (SEND)
Required for January 2023 or sooner if possible
Permanent position, 32.5 hours per week, term-time only
Grade 4, Point 5 – 7
Salary £19,650 - £20,444 pro rata
Victoria Dock Primary School is looking to appoint an Achievement Support Assistant to work 32.5 hours per week, term-time only, commencing January or sooner if possible.
The role will involve working with children with SEND needs in our Resource Base Classroom.
The successful candidate will have:
• appropriate level of numeracy and literacy skills, Grade A-C or equivalent
• excellent level of communication skills both with adults and young children
• experience of working with SEND pupils including ASD and learning difficulties
• a good level of SEND knowledge
• the ability to use their own initiative in securing the best for all pupils
• excellent ICT skills
• the ability to lead intervention groups
• be a team player with a positive outlook.
We can offer:
• a friendly, experienced and motivated team
• a well-resourced working environment
• a highly supportive leadership team
• staff development opportunities.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office to arrange.
Victoria Dock Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring and background check and Childcare Disqualification Check.
As part of Victoria Dock Primary School recruitment processes, in accordance with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education (2022), an online search will be carried out on all shortlisted candidates.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 6th October, 9.00am
Victoria Dock Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.